Entrance is free.
Opened in 1842 by Montrose Natural History and Antiquarian Society, Montrose Museum tells the story of Montrose and its people, from the earliest archaeological finds to the Marquis of Montrose and the Jacobite uprisings, the harbour and maritime trade. The museum was one of the first purpose-built museums in Scotland and houses its series of displays in the neo-classical building's spacious atrium, mezzanine and galleries.
Clubs & Groups Visits
Parties welcome - please book in advance.
Situated in Montrose's Mid Links, behind the High Street, diagonally opposite Montrose Academy. Parking for cars and coaches in nearby streets, sales area, toilets. Ramp at front entrance into museum and lift up to 1st floor - mezzanine level. Unfortunately, Natural History Gallery is only accessible via a staircase. Large print visual guide to Natural History Gallery is available.
Off street parking is available in Angus Council sites (charges apply).
The nearest car park is at Baltic Street. There is a disabled parking space outside the museum on Museum Street.
The museum is a 10 minute walk from the train station.
There are local bus services. Visit Angus Council website for further information.
Most bus services stop on Montrose High Street which is a 5 minute walk away from the museum.
There is no bike rack available at the museum.