Angus Community Sport
As part of ANGUSalive's commitment to developing sport and physical activity throughout Angus, we have adopted the sportscotland Community Sport Hubs initiative.
The initiative is aimed at supporting local sports clubs to help increase the number of people participating in sport in our local communities. Community Sport Hubs can be based in local places such as club pavilions; sport centres, community centres, the natural environment and/or schools and hope to bring local people together to provide a home for local clubs and sport organisations. They will also provide information, support and advice on a wide range of sports and physical activities to make it easier for local people to get involved and engaged in more active and healthier lifestyles.
The aims of Community Sport Hubs in Angus are:
- To support a range of sporting opportunities to the community.
- Promote community engagement and leadership.
- Training and education opportunities.
- An integrated approach led by local partners/clubs.
- Self sustainable sports clubs/organisations.
- Improved facility access for local people and sports clubs.
Angus has six community sport hubs at varying stages of development. Each hub has its own unique vision and action plan focusing on areas of development are suited to each community.
The hubs are: Arbroath Community Hub, Brechin Community Hub, Forfar Community Hub, Kirriemuir Community Hub, Monifieth Community Hub, Montrose Community Hub