Call for Independent Directors
03 Oct 2019
The key attributes required for our Board of Directors are:
• Experience of leadership and management in either the public, private or voluntary sector
• An ability to exercise independent judgement and a commitment to good governance
• A commitment to advance the nine strategic aims of ANGUSalive recognised by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) under the Charity and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005
• Support the Chief Executive and senior leadership team to reshape ANGUSalive to be an enthusiastic, customer focussed, forward-looking organisation which can continue to achieve our vision
• Create an environment that will empower our people to deliver the best customer experience for local communities and visitors to Angus
• Provide economic discipline and financial leadership as our organisation continues to be impacted by the wider economic climate and associated budgetary pressures
We would particularly welcome interest from those with experience in change management, business strategy, commercial development, marketing, legal, financial, facilities development, health and safety, income generation, volunteering, arts and culture or heritage.
Whilst experience of cultural, sport or leisure organisations would be beneficial, it is not essential. You will however be able to demonstrate an interest in the services we deliver which play such an important role in the lives of our customers across all areas of the business.
At ANGUSalive we welcome applications from all and appoint based on merit. We are committed to promoting diversity through our organisation.
Please note that these fixed term roles are not remunerated however reasonable expenses will be reimbursed. Trustees and Officers liability insurance is in place.
To obtain a job outline, make an informal enquiry or to express an interest in this role, please contact or forward a full CV and supporting statement to:
Lesley Hadden, PA to Executive Team
t: 01307 492037
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 23 October 2019.
Interviews will be held in early November 2019.