Our Digital Library
Our digital library migrated on Wednesday 24th March 2021 to the award winning Libby app and was available to customers to access from Thursday 25th March 2021.
With our new digital library, members can borrow ebooks, emagazines and digital audiobooks easier and faster than before.
Download the Libby app today to access our library of exciting e-resources from the Apple App Store
Getting started with Libby
With our new digital library, you can borrow free ebooks, digital audiobooks and emagazines from your library. All you need is a library card.
Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find ANGUSalive and sign in with a library card.
Browse ANGUSalive's library catalog and borrow a title.
Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose where you'd like to read the book (Kindle or Libby) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I navigate the app?
In the footer
- Tap Library to open the library collection you were most recently browsing.
- Tap the Reading now circle to open the loan or sample you were most recently reading.
- Tap Shelf to open your loans, holds, and tags for all your libraries.
In the menu
- Tap Manage Notifications to change your notification settings. Once set up, in-app ("menu badge") notifications appear at the top of the menu.
- Tap a library to browse the collection.
- Tap See Library Cards to see your library cards, see loan and hold limits, rename cards, add cards, and remove cards.
- Tap Get Some Help to suggest an idea, search for answers to your questions, and find solutions to common problems.
Can I still use RBDigital?
RBDigital will remain available to ANGUSalive customers until the end of March. However. once the migration is complete you can only access resources previously downloaded. The rest of the collection will be removed.
Will I be able to take out the same books?
Our catalogue will hold the same titles and some new ones too.
I can’t find my library when Logging in to Libby?
Individually libraries are not available on the Libby platform. Please search 'Angus Alive' to access your account
Will my temporary Library Card work?
Yes, Libby accepts all Library cards issued by ANGUSalive libraries including temporary library cards.
Can I use my National Entitlement card?
Please note when entering your national entitlement card number please do not enter the last 2 digits.
How do I get my pin number?
When you register as a member of our libraries, you will receive a temporary number and with this you will also be given a four digit pin which you must keep a note of. If you have not taken note of this pin number you will need to contact our team via email@example.com and they will be able to assist you.
Please note that you will be asked for this pin number when you log in to our new digital library, Libby.
What devices are compatible with the Libby App?
You can download the Libby app on:
If you have a Windows computer, Mac computer, or a Chromebook, you can use Libby in your web browser at libbyapp.com. We suggest using the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium).
Does Libby work with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto?
Yes! You can listen to audiobook loans via CarPlay.
From the CarPlay home screen, tap Libby, then choose a borrowed audiobook.
From the Now Playing screen, you can pause/play, skip back or forward 15 seconds, or change the playback speed (1x-2x).
Yes! You can listen to audiobook loans via Android Auto.
- Connect to your car.
- Open Libby from Auto's list of media apps.
Note: If you see the Libby notification player, you can start playback from there and skip the rest of these steps.
- Open the menu (in the top-left corner) and tap an audiobook.
- Select Resume to continue listening, or Chapters or Bookmarks to navigate in the book.
When you start listening, you can pause/play, skip back or forward 15 seconds, or change playback speed.
How do I return books?
Books are automatically returned to the library on their due date. When they're returned, they're also removed from your Loans and deleted from your device (if downloaded).
If you finish a book early, you can return it before its due date using the steps below:
- Go to Shelf > Loans.
- Tap Manage Loan.
- Tap Return Early, then Return.
What titles are downloaded for offline use?
By default, all loans are downloaded for offline use when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
What's downloaded on my shelf?
A book with a checkmark icon () is downloaded on your device for offline use.
A book with a cloud icon () isn't downloaded on your device. It'll be streamed when you open it, requires an internet connection to read or listen to, and doesn't take up space on your device.
How can I add bookmarks, notes, and highlights in a book or in an audiobook?
How can I create a bookmark in a book?
- Tap the center of the screen to show the navigation bar.
- Tap the bookmark icon near the top-right corner.
How can I make a note or highlight in a book?
- Tap and hold a word until it's highlighted, then drag to select your desired passage.
- Tap Highlight to use the most recent highlight color, or select another color next to "Highlight."
- To leave a note: Tap the highlighted passage, add a note, and tap Save.
Bookmarks, notes, and highlights are saved in the book under (and reappear there if you borrow the book again).
How can I add a bookmark in an audiobook?
Tap at the top of the audiobook player.
To add a highlight: Play the audiobook, then tap and hold to highlight a passage.
How can I add a note to a bookmark or highlight in an audiobook?
Tap , select a bookmark or highlight, and tap . Then, make a note, and tap Save.
Bookmarks, notes, and highlights are saved in the audiobook under (and reappear there if you borrow the book again).
My magazines are not downloading automatically?
Libby unlike the previous platform, does not download magazines automatically. If you would like to read the same magazine every month you are required to download each individually.
Can I borrow a mixture of books from my local library and ebooks and audiobooks from Libby?
Yes, what is borrowed from Libby is separate from the total of 12 items you can borrow from your libraries.
Who do I contact if I am having problems?
Contact the Libby helpline in the first instance, or alternatively email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Can I request that my library buys specific ebooks, audiobooks or emagazine titles?
You can place requests by contacting us by email at email@example.com. We will consider purchasing all requested titles but this may depend on format and availability.