Mobile Libraries & Home Delivery
We are delighted to announce that our Mobile Libraries, Isla and Glen will be back on the road from Monday, 26 April 2021. Our new timetable can be accessed below. Please ensure you read our customer rules and safety guidance before using our mobile service.
We have two mobile libraries which serve the residents of rural Angus, providing a traditional lending service as well as community information.
There’s a wide range of stock on board for people of all ages. The service operates on a fortnightly basis and both our vans are fully accessible with disabled lift access.
We also offer:
- A hearing aid battery supply service
- Tailored services to rural schools, nurseries and playgroups
- Supporting partners to deliver health and wellbeing information sessions
Customer rules and safety guidance
- Members will be required to provide their details to a staff member as we are following 'Test and Protect' guidelines.
- A member of staff will also explain our revised procedures and safety measures.
- Customers may have to queue as we have limited capacity, whilst queuing customers must adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Members will be required to use hand sanitiser on exit and entry.
- Members are required to wear face coverings when entering our vehicles.
- Once inside our vehicles customers must adhere to respiratory hygiene at all times.
- There will be signs advising members not to handle books unless they are likely to borrow.
- Whilst books will always be quarantined for 72 hours before going back out into stock, members will be advised that they browse at their own risk, as others might have recently handled the books.
- When members have decided on their book selection they can then bring their books to the counter where team members will process their books.
- If returning books these will be quarantined before processing 72 hours later.
We are excited to announce that our Home Delivery service will recommence from Monday, 10 May 2021. If this is a service that could be of interest to you, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.
If age, disability or caring prevent you visiting our libraries, we also offer an excellent monthly Home Delivery Service where items can be delivered to your home.
"I wanted to express my gratitude for your help in my mother’s final years. Reading was one of her great pleasures and I know she greatly appreciated the service you offered, as did I" - Family Member of Recipient
"I really am thankful for the Home Delivery Service, don’t know what I’d do without it" - Home Delivery Recipient
"I so appreciate the service now I’m no longer able to get to the library. Alan always picks great titles for me" - Home Delivery Recipient