Limited browsing has arrived at our libraries during normal opening hours.
What is it?
Our limited browsing service will allow members to have controlled access in our branches to select their own books.
How it works
- Members will not be required to book a slot but will be met at the door by a member of staff as we are following 'Test and Protect' guidelines.
- A member of staff will also explain our revised procedures and safety measures. Customers may have to queue as we have limited capacity.
- There will be restricted numbers able to access sites which are determined by risk assessments.
- Once at capacity it’s one person/group in and one out.
- Members will be required to use hand sanitiser on exit and entry.
- Members are now required to wear face coverings when entering our premises.
- Once inside, customers will be advised to maintain social distancing and respiratory hygiene at all times.
- There will be signs advising members not to handle books unless they are likely to borrow, we will also have display tables of books to discourage handling.
- Whilst books will always be quarantined for 72 hours before going back out into stock, members will be advised that they browse at their own risk, as others might have recently handled the books.
- When members have decided on their book selection they can then bring their books to the counter where team members will process their books.
- If returning books these will be quarantined before processing 72 hours later.