Libraries Membership Terms & Conditions
Libraries Membership and People’s Network Terms & Conditions
1. To borrow items you must present your library membership card.
2. Any person, who is resident, employed or undergoing a recognised course of education in Angus or in a neighbouring authority or holds a National Entitlement card, may make an application for membership of the library to permit the borrowing of library material and use the People’s Network.
3. Persons under the age of 16 years must have applications completed by a parent or guardian.
4. Persons under the age of 16 years must have the application completed by a parent or guardian in order to use the People’s Network (IT).
5. Persons ineligible for membership may obtain temporary membership on the production of valid identification. 6. Membership is subject to the conditions of ANGUSalive’s Customer Charter. Any person failing to abide by ANGUSalive’s Customer Charter shall at the discretion of the Facilities Officer, be subject to suspension from membership of the libraries and will be notified in writing
7. The borrowing of library material may be limited and loans recalled at the discretion of the Facilities Officer. Any person may use library material for reference or study within library premises. Such use is not subject to membership regulation as stated above, but is subject to other controls as may be defined by the Facilities Officer.
8. Members shall either pay the replacement cost or provide a replacement item (like for like) of any library material which is damaged or not returned whilst issued on their membership card together with any expenses incurred by ANGUSalive in recovering such payments and/or replacing the material. If payment is not forthcoming, membership will be suspended.
9. Lost or stolen cards should be reported as soon as possible. An administration fee will be charged for the replacement of lost cards.
10. Access to the People’s Network (IT) will only be available during normal opening hours.
11. The minimum booking for computers will be 30 minutes with a maximum booking period of 2 hours. However, if a machine is free, bookings can be extended.
12. Bookings can be made in person or by telephone.
13. Sessions will end 10 minutes before the library closes.
14. Charges will be made for printed copies.
15. Failure to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy will result in members having People’s Network (IT) membership suspended for such a period as the Principal Officer, Libraries Customer and Culture deems appropriate.