Please note that Wildfowling permits at Montrose Basin are temporarily suspended for purchase. We will keep you updated and inform you as to when they will be available for purchase.
IMPORTANT: Evidence of residence to be sent to email@example.com previous to purchasing a seasonal permit.
- There are two types of permits available, seasonal and visitor.
- Permits are only available for persons aged 14 years and over. Proof of age is required.
- Seasonal Permits are £25.00 per season
- A maximum of 55 seasonal permits are available
- Seasonal tickets are available to residents in Angus or within 15 miles of Montrose Steeple.
- Proof of residency is required.
- Evidence of residence to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A unique code will be issued to you to allow purchase of the seasonal permit.
- Visitor Permits are £21.00 per day
- Visitor permits can be purchased online
- Visitor permits are issued on a first come, first served basis.
- Visitor permits are available to person’s resident out-with the Angus area.
- Visitor permits are valid from Monday – Friday.
- 5 visitor permits are issued per day.
- Applicants are permitted to hold a visitor permit for up to 5 consecutive days.
- No more than 5 days will be allocated within 10 consecutive permit days
- No individual will be allocated more than 25 visitor permits within the season
- Permit applications will be accepted until all dates are fully booked.
Cancellations and refunds
- A minimum of 4 weeks notice is required for cancellation to allow a refund to be processed.
- An administration fee will be charged on all refunds.
- Cancellation requests received with less than 4 weeks notice will not be processed and no refund will be given.
Permits will be issued to persons who hold appropriate insurance cover i.e. Third Party Public Liability of a minimum of £10,000,000. Your insurance certificate number must be provided at time of purchase.
Wildfowlers codes of practice
All applicants are required to follow the wildfowlers code of practice, included in the Wildfowling Guidelines below.