Accessing Information (Freedom of Information & Data Protection)
When looking for information about ANGUSalive please make full use of this website to find out whether the information you are looking for is already available online.
Free Wi-Fi or PCs with free access to the internet are available at our libraries to view any information online or one of our information advisors will be able to help with your request.
Recruitment Privacy Notice
We are the 'Data Controller' of the HR-related personal information you provide to us. We only collect personal information about you which we need for our recruitment practices through the recruitment portal or offline application forms.
ANGUSalive maintains data protection controls in line with data protection law, its full privacy statement and Data Protection Policy to ensure the effective and secure processing of your personal information.
HR-related personal information we hold
- Name, address, contact details, email address and telephone number
- Qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- Training certification and licences (such as driving licenses)
- Details of referees
- Membership of professional bodies
- Whether or not you have a disability for which ANGUSalive needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and eligibility for the guaranteed job interview scheme
- Information about your entitlement to work in the UK
- Personal characteristic information as defined in the equality act 2010
How this information is collected
This information is collected through the recruitment process via:
- Application forms
- Identity documents
- Interviews or other forms of assessment (including any telephone calls, or online assessments)
- Third parties such as references by current/former employers and information for criminal records checks permitted by law. This will be sought only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Why we process your HR-related personal information
We process personal information during the recruitment process to:
- Manage the recruitment process
- Assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment
- Validate you are qualified to undertake the job
- Make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability
- Decide to whom to offer a job
- Respond to and defend against legal claims
- To carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment;
- Analyse HR information
- Maintain and promote equality in the workplace.
We will not use your information for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied and as stated above.
Access to personal information
Your information will be shared for the purposes of the recruitment exercise with Human Resources and those on the recruitment panel of the vacancy. This includes internal managers, advisers to the recruitment panel and others who may be external to ANGUSalive. All will have access to some or all of your information on the recruitment portal, offline application form or recruitment papers.
We will not share your information with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment in which case the information you have provided us will be shared with the referees and where appropriate Disclosure Scotland that you have provided to us. No data will be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
How your HR-related personal information is protected by ANGUSalive and third parties
This is set out in the Data Protection Policy.
Transfer of data from shared recruitment portal to personal file
Applications made through the recruitment portal are processed through the recruitment portal system and all information is held on the system. Offline applications are scanned into the shared recruitment portal.
For all successful applicants, a copy of the application form held on the recruitment portal is scanned and held in a new personal file or into an existing personal file where the successful applicant is an employee of ANGUSalive. Any equalities information provided is transferred onto the HR/payroll system.
How long we keep your HR-related personal information
Information for all candidates interviewed is held for six months after which it is deleted/destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personal file and handled during your employment in accordance with the Employee Privacy Notice.
Your data from the recruitment exercise is held on the recruitment portal for a period of seven years after which time the data will be archived and is not accessible nor can it be reinstated.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, personal data is held on the recruitment portal for five years after the end of the relevant recruitment process, after which time the data will be archived and is not accessible nor can it be reinstated.
What if you do not provide personal information
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide information during the recruitment process. If you do not provide the information ANGUSalive may not be able to process your application.
Please note that you should read this service specific Privacy Notice in conjunction with ANGUSalive's full privacy statement and Data Protection Policy.